Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Come ti chiami?

Ciao!

Wow its only been two days of intensive Italian classes (3 hours each) and I feel like I have learned a lot already! I can have a semi-decent conversation with other non native speakers now!

For example:

Ciao!
Salve!
Come stai?
Bene grazie, e tu?
Bene!
Come ti chiami?
mi chiamo Heather, e tu?
Sono (insert your name here).
Di dove sei?
Sono di Budd Lake vicino a New York in America, y tu?
Ciao!
Arrivederci!

Look a slightly functional conversation!

The class itself is kind of dysfunctional in the sense that everything we learn, like vocab, is completely random. Sometimes frustrating but the Professor is so nice you can't complain. And most of the time everyone in the class feels so stupid due to the fact that NONE of us have taken Italian before. Everyone has taken either spanish or french... so the pronunciation is interesting to hear. The professor, Prof. Pasqui, also likes to challenge us with listening exercises and "reading" La Repubblica (their newspaper). OH and during class yesterday there was a strike of taxi drivers outside and we spent like half an hour talking about it! But it was harmless, just loud.

Needless to say, the class has a ton of homework but looks like it will be super helpful when it comes to learning the language (which is good because that's the point of the class :P).

Oh and not sure if I mentioned it before but this Italian guy started firing questions (not rudely) at me the other day... and now we are facebook friends... haha I am hoping he can help me with Italian and I can help him with English, but no worries I will be careful :P I won't be around him alone ever.

ANYWAY, we found out that Monday nights are hoppin in Bologna... which is probably due to the free Sangria at Cafe Paris. However, because we had class this morning (Tuesday) at 9 am we avoided being out too late.

Last night, before Cafe Paris, Jessy and I went to Taylor and Cassie's place for dinner and it was wonderful :) We felt so real life :P We had chicken, pasta, salad, and garlic bread :) Which wasn't burned! It was delicious!

I think that is all that is worth mentioning at this point :)
Alla prossima!
<3

1 comment:

  1. you literally posted that you would be careful with that Italian dude just for me didnt you? haha =P and I didn't know I had a place with Cassie in Italy...haha okay but seriously lets skype!

    ReplyDelete