Sunday, April 22, 2012

Firenze Sotto la Pioggia

When Spring Break started in Bologna (after Lago di Como and my family left) it literally turned into Carlisle and rained for 5 days. Needless to say, my original plan (well third or fourth original plan) was to go to Lecce with two girls on the program but due to money, rain, and lack of days I choose to stay in Bologna. I met up with some friends and spent some time unwinding and de-stressing. I caught up on much needed sleep and various applications and whatnot and then decided to go to Florence to do all the touristy stuff. I choose the right day. For a week, all the city museums were free entry. I think I paid a total of 8 euro for three museums because I had to buy a reservation or whatever. I got to go to the Accademia, the Museo de Palazzo Vecchio, and the Uffizi. Besides my massive dislike of crowds, the day was pretty cool. All by myself, I was able to see everything in a few hours. I saw the Birth of Venus as well as David (where the wait to get in was at least an hour) and many other incredible works. I even snuck a picture :P 
Win :)

No comments:

Post a Comment